Sunday, December 6, 2009

Cork - back to normal?

I drove back to Cork from Dublin on Sunday 29 November '09. I heard that the water had been turned back on after it had been turned off following the floods. Yes it was back on, and a little colourful!!! when I turned it on at first. It soon turned crystal clear though, thankfully.

On the radio the other day I heard that flood warnings are in place this weekend 5 / 6th December. Some people in the city still have sand bags outside their houses and shops just in case.

The weather is still mostly rotten here, ie ; lots of rain and very cold too. Having said that, there is a good Christmas spirit around the city. There are lots of festive decorations and trees around the place and on Grand Parade the council have set up a christmas market. Today, when I went there there was a band playing music to get people in the mood. Let's just hope that we can get rid of the sand bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment