Saturday, August 28, 2010

Heritage open day 2010

Loads of interesting places opened their doors to the public today to mark the Heritage Open Day. I am exhausted after going around the city to see them. In the end I had to take refuge in a pub to rest my weary body and drink a few pints!

I went to a few places including the Shandon Bells (St Anns Cathedral), the Firkin Crane, the Courthouse and Elizabeth Fort. There was a great friendly welcoming buzz around the city with lots of places that are not normally open to the public opening their doors. It was a case of 'I always wondered what it was like inside' etc. The courthouse was the strangest one. I was never in one before, but have seen them on telly and in movies etc, but it was a weird experience, don't know why though, maybe because the building is over 100 years old and I'm sure lots of weird things have happened in there over the years! Here's a few snaps of what I saw.

Shandon Bells




The Firkin Crane (the round building)


Inside Courthouse

No comments:

Post a Comment