Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A day in the People's Republic of C _ _ _

Another incredibly cheap flight and this time it's to Cork, second city of the Republic of Ireland. Although some people would say it's the first - but that's another story... On the 6th of August 2009 I decided to go to Cork to have a look around as I'll be living down there when I start my Masters in UCC.

It was an early morning flight but not as early as the one to Bristol. I took a bus from the airport to the city and got off at Grand Parade. I walked around all day and had a look at the city that will be my home from the middle of September 2009 for a year or so. I also walked out to UCC, which isn't really that far from the city centre and had a coffee in the cafe to get a feel for the place. My first impressions of both Cork and UCC are good. I'm looking forward to it!

This is the tallest building in Ireland - the Elysian.


This is the famous English Market - where you can get all kinds of weird and wonderful foods from smoked haddock pie to tripe and drisheen.





This is the Beamish & Crawford Brewery - home of the other brand of black stuff.


This short clip shows some of the bus journey through Cork city back to the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment