Monday, August 3, 2009

Damascus National Museum,المتحف الوطني بدمشق

I was really looking forward to going to the national museum as I could see from walking around the city that Damascus and Syria had some history behind them.

When I arrived at the museum I discovered that I couldn't get in as they were about to close for their lunch hour. I didn't want to have to come back later as my time was a bit limited. They were very nice about it and said that I could walk around the museum gardens or go to their cafe and return in one hour to enter the museum.

I started to walk around the gardens and was really amazed by what I saw. There were just so many ancient artefacts from Syria's past. If they have all this stuff in gardens, just imagine what they have in the museum.





No comments:

Post a Comment