Monday, August 3, 2009

Roman ruins in Damascus



I was really surprised by the amount of roman ruins that I saw in Damascus. I just wasn't expecting to see so many ancient roman archways and columns in the city, but if I had read my history books in school I would have found out that Roman rule once covered a lot of what is now Europe, North Africa and some of Turkey, Syria, Jordan, Iraq and Iran. Just by walking around the city you can see lots of these ruins.
One day I was walking around the city and these guys said something about a photo and I said sure I'll take your photo for you. But no, they wanted to get a photo with me, which I found a bit odd. I suppose they showed their friends the photo and said, look here's me with a foreigner, or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment