Monday, August 17, 2009

On my travels back home

On my way to the airport to catch my flight I found a few things which made me sit up and take notice. This video clip shows one of them. You'll see a group performing in the underground part of the train station at Keleti Pu in Budapest - totally unexpected.

This hotel which is in a really nice building on the Grand Boulevard near to the train station also made me take a second look. It's called the New York Palace hotel and dates from 1894.
So I left Budapest on 25 June 2009 and that brought an end to my journey which started on 8 June 2009. Not a terribly long time surely, but in that time I managed to go to places I had never been to before. I coverd an awful lot of ground, met lots of different people and saw lots of things that made me ask questions of myself and of others. I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment