Sunday, August 23, 2009

The coast

Here are a few pictures of the village we stayed in - Ballintoy. It's a very nice little village of about 160 people on the coast of Northern Ireland between the Giants Causeway and the Carrig a Reed rope bridge. From Ballintoy you can see Rathlin Island which has a population of about 100 people. On a good day you can also see the Mull of Kintyre in Scotland.


Carrig a Reed
On the last day of our journey we stopped at the Carrig a Reed rope bridge. We had been there before a few years ago, but this time it seemed smaller than I remembered and not half as scary as the first time I saw it.

I crossed it again this time and wanted to record it on my camera. Not being a fan of heights I also wanted to keep my hands very firmly placed on the handrails of the bridge - so all you can see in this clip is a view of the bridge before I started crossing it.

We took the Causeway coastal route from the Carrig a Reed rope bridge through Northern Ireland to Belfast and then the Dublin road to get home. The causeway route is beautiful and I stopped somewhere along the road to record this clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment